We’re the world's leading carsharing platform, with millions of users around the world, sharing thousands of cars in over 950 cities across 8 countries.
Our mission is simple: Make our cities better places to live through carsharing.
Carsharing empowers people to move in a smarter and more sustainable way: studies show that one shared car replaces between 4 and 10 privately owned cars, which frees up space in our cities while giving communities 24/7 access to cars when they need them.
With our connected car technology, users can quickly and easily book and unlock a wide variety of vehicles directly from our app, without ever having to meet anyone in person, carry an access card, wait in line, or coordinate picking up keys.
To reach our vision of a world where all cars are shared, we need a strong team to help us disrupt car ownership. We look for people who are curious, positive, and engaged; who can adapt and learn quickly; who have the skills and smarts to reach their goals autonomously, while having the generosity and mindset to work collaboratively. No matter your role, background, or level of experience, we believe that every member of the team can have an impact.
We’re extremely proud to be certified a “Great Place to Work” in 2022!
- Design the most impactful and intuitive features that our users will love
- As a Product Designer, you will be involved in every aspect of the product development process, owning the experience for a wide area of the Getaround product and making a strong impact on our company strategy.
- Partner with the Carsharing team to craft the best trip experience for our drivers, from unlocking the car to troubleshooting any issue that may arise.
What you'll work on
- Lead all phases of our Design process by overseeing ideation, user flows, top notch UI and user testing
- Help define the vision, priorities & goals for each project working hand in hand with product managers (challenge product strategy and user needs)
- Collaborate with the engineering team to ship a well crafted and cohesive experience on both on our website and mobile apps
- Participate in shaping Getaround’s Design culture and collaborate on building our global design system
Who you'll be working with:
- You'll work with our talented Product Design team including Product designers, Brand designer and User Researcher, reporting directly to Solène our Head of Product Design
- You’ll be part of a 20-person Product team, and will work closely with the Product Managers, as well as with Data Analysts and Developers, inside your squad.
- You’ll also work autonomously on longer term design vision projects.
What you'll bring to the table:
- 5 years minimum of experience as a designer (or at least 3 years of experience as a Product Designer in a product-driven company)
- You know what shipping and maintaining a real-world product means
- Experience & passion building mobile apps
- You bring a special attention to UI and craft to elevate the experience
- You’re able to envision the future of an experience and help build the first steps
What we offer
- Getaround Europe is a fast-growing startup located in the centre of Paris, with global headquarters in San Francisco. We offer one of the most dynamic and diverse company cultures in town, and give every employee the opportunity to grow and the power to define their impact at Getaround.
- The opportunity to have a positive impact on climate change. Cars are responsible for 17% of carbon emissions. In France, an independent study has shown that each connected car shared on Getaround replaces more than 4 self-owned cars.
- A place to learn and grow: weekly 1 on 1 meetings with your manager, frequent 360° feedback from your teammates, personal objectives to develop your potential, unlimited access to Udemy (learning platform), optional annual training, plus a team wiki that you’ll contribute to improve
- A competitive salary based on your level of experience
- An international team and company: our product is live in the US, France, Norway, Germany, the UK, Spain, Belgium and Austria. We have headquarters in San Francisco and European offices in Paris and Oslo
- A remote friendly policy: this position is based in our Paris office with up to 2 days of remote work per week (we’re also open to full remote applications). Like all our employees, you’ll get a monthly subsidy to cover part of your work-related expenses at home
- A company culture that seeks to reinforce Diversity, Equity and Inclusion thanks to a dedicated task force. A work environment where you’re empowered and can be authentic
- A Swile lunch card
- The latest Apple equipment
- Unlimited €30 vouchers for your Getaround bookings
- Health insurance