We’re the world's leading carsharing platform, with millions of users around the world, sharing thousands of cars in over 950 cities across 8 countries.
Our mission is simple: Make our cities better places to live through carsharing.
Carsharing empowers people to move in a smarter and more sustainable way: studies show that one shared car replaces between 4 and 10 privately owned cars, which frees up space in our cities while giving communities 24/7 access to cars when they need them.
With our connected car technology, users can quickly and easily book and unlock a wide variety of vehicles directly from our app, without ever having to meet anyone in person, carry an access card, wait in line, or coordinate picking up keys.
To reach our vision of a world where all cars are shared, we need a strong team to help us disrupt car ownership. We look for people who are curious, positive, and engaged; who can adapt and learn quickly; who have the skills and smarts to reach their goals autonomously, while having the generosity and mindset to work collaboratively. No matter your role, background, or level of experience, we believe that every member of the team can have an impact.
We’re extremely proud to be certified a “Great Place to Work” in 2022!
- If you want to leverage data to ensure rental safety and a successful resolution of claims, this is your chance to make a difference.
- You'll belong to the data team of 15 experienced and caring data enthusiasts, and will report to Benjamin, our Data Analytics Manager for Risk Management and Carsharing.
- You'll be an essential part of our Risk Management and User Assistance squads, working hand in hand with safety and claims management teams, as well as product managers to maintain security on the platform by reducing driving risk, stopping fraud, and minimizing friction during claims resolution.
- As part of our Risk Management squad, you'll take part in unraveling our risk factors, exploring new threats, and developing features to mitigate these threats. You'll work on projects such as defining and managing fraud prevention alerts, assessing the cost-benefit of new opportunities, and monitoring the integration of new fraud management tools. You'll quickly become an expert on how to prevent fraud for carsharing.
- As part of our User Assistance squad, working on claims, you'll help identify areas of improvement in our claims resolution process and explore and monitor features to improve these processes. You'll also contribute to refining the segmentation of claims and understanding the impact it has on our users' journey, building tools that allow for better management of claims.
- You'll be working autonomously on your projects but will continuously collaborate with your data peers, for peer reviews and cross areas projects, and you'll work hand-in-hand with operation managers, product managers, designers, engineers, and data scientists.
What you'll do:
- You'll work on cross-functional analytics initiatives end to end to:
- Collaborate with engineers to make sure we structure, collect and process data in an accurate and timely manner.
- Own your processing pipelines (SQL) and be responsible for tests and documentation.
- Conduct exploratory analysis: partner with relevant stakeholders to frame the business problem, deep dive into data to uncover insights, and discuss how to action them
- Share your recommendations to cross-functional stakeholders, using meaningful reports and visualizations.
- Design KPIs and monitor their performance towards our objectives.
- Empower the team by building ground truth data sets and evangelizing data tools to your stakeholders.
- Snowflake data warehouse, ELT managed with Airflow and dbt, our own Segment-like integrations, BI/visualization tools such as Tableau and Metabase, Python or R notebooks in Hex.
What you'll bring:
- Experience: 2 to 5 years experience in Data/BI roles in a tech environment. More senior profiles are welcome as well. Background in quantitative fields eg Maths, Statistics, Engineering or Business with very strong analytical skills and a willingness to learn more technical skills.
- A prior experience in fraud or operations analytics is a very strong plus.
- A strong interest in product: you think about possible product improvements in your day-to-day interactions with any app
- Strong ability to turn complex data into actionable insights in a fast-paced environment
- Coding abilities: Experience with writing SQL queries, joining large datasets from multiple sources. Experience with R, Python or other data-oriented programming languages is a strong plus
- Attention to detail: you like to understand the fine technicalities of things, and build reliable and resilient data models.
- Communication: you’re excellent at summarizing any problem and explaining the big picture, both in written and verbal form. You share information proactively.
- Fluency in English: you can work in English on a daily basis.
- Environmental awareness/interest in mobility: interest in car ownership environmental impact and/or mobility is a strong plus.
👉 If your profile doesn't check all of the above yet, you can still apply, and we’ll let you know if we think this position can be a good fit for you
Why join us:
- 🌎 Getaround Europe is a fast-growing startup located in the center of Paris, with global headquarters in San Francisco and an office in Oslo. We offer one of the most dynamic and diverse company cultures in town, and give every employee the opportunity to grow and the power to define their impact at Getaround.
- 🌱 The opportunity to have a positive impact on climate change. Cars are responsible for 17% of carbon emissions. In France, an independent study has shown that each connected car shared on Getaround replaces more than 5 self-owned cars.
- 🧠 A place to learn and grow with weekly 1 on 1 meetings with your manager, frequent 360° feedback from your teammates, personal objectives to develop your potential, unlimited access to Udemy (learning platform), optional annual training, plus a team wiki that you’ll contribute to improve
- 💰 Competitive salary based on your level of experience
- 🌐 An international team and company: our product is live in the US, France, Norway, Germany, the UK, Spain, Belgium and Austria.
- 🏡 A remote friendly policy: this position is based in our Paris office with up to 3 days of remote work per week.
- 📝 A monthly subsidy to cover part of your work-related expenses at home
- 🤝 Getaround is committed to equal opportunity. We value and embrace diversity, equity and inclusion of all our Getarounders
- 🗓 A €200 annual credit and unlimited 20% vouchers for your Getaround bookings
- 💫 Health insurance
- 🍽 A Swile lunch card
- 💻 Apple equipment
Come join us!